Dentures are used when a person is missing most or all of their natural teeth. It is essential that they are durable, natural looking, and offer outstanding performance.
Dentures in East Hanover, NJ
Dentures are used to replace a large number of missing teeth, which can happen for a variety of reasons but most commonly due to periodontal disease or tooth decay. Even a few missing teeth can have a profound effect on your oral health and appearance. Not only does speaking and eating become difficult when teeth are missing, but the loss of support for your cheeks and lips can cause facial muscles to sag and make you look older than you are.
The solution? A quality set of dentures that can replace your missing teeth and restore the function and appearance of your mouth. Our professional dentists will work with you to determine the best course of action for your specific needs and will provide you with the most comfortable and affordable dentures.
Schedule a consultation at our Dental Care East Hanover office with one of our dental specialists to learn more. Our staff will work with you to determine the best treatment plan for your situation that will help you restore your teeth and bring back your confident smile.
How do I clean dentures?
Traditional removable dentures require proper care to keep them clean, free from stains, and looking great. Below are some cleaning steps and things to avoid when using traditional removable dentures:
- Remove and rinse dentures after eating by running water over them to remove food debris
- Handle them carefully and don’t bend or damage the plastic or clasps when cleaning
- Clean your mouth after removing dentures with a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Brush your dentures once a day and soak them in a nonabrasive denture cleanser to remove food, plaque, and other deposits
- Soak dentures overnight in a mild denture-soaking solution to keep them moist and so they hold their shape
- Schedule regular dental checkups so your dentists can ensure proper fit, prevent slippage and discomfort
- Avoid abrasive cleaning materials, whitening toothpaste, products containing bleach on your dentures, and hot or boiling water that could warp them
What types of dentures are offered at Dental Care East Hanover?
There are two basic options:
Complete Dentures — As the name indicates, these replace all of the missing teeth of the patient’s upper or lower jaw. Sitting on top of the gums, complete dentures are typically placed into the mouth within two to three months after the teeth have been removed or extracted.
Partial Dentures — The preferred solution when only a few of a patient’s teeth are missing and need to be replaced. Partial dentures can easily be removed, which makes them a convenient option. They consist of a pink-colored base and metal pieces that are attached and hold the denture inside the mouth.
If you have more questions about dentures, please contact our office and we will be happy to discuss further.